Meeting Place 2 is unvailable due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to assess the situation and make decisions, based on circumstances, as to when Meeting Place 2 will be available again.
Meeting Place 2 is located in room 248.
Meeting Place 2 (capacity 16) is a semi-enclosed space within a larger group space used for meetings and presentations. The space may be reserved by students, faculty, or staff with a valid MTSU ID for MTSU educational purposes. When not reserved, the space is open for general study use.
Location: Room 248, 2nd floor Map
Occupancy: 5 - 16 (more if partitions are moved)
Equipment: Arrangeable furniture; ceiling-mounted LCD monitor; laptop available for check out; whiteboard partitions.
Reservations: Space can be reserved by MTSU students, faculty, and staff. Reservations can be made for one (1) group for 1-3 hours/day with no renewals or extensions; up to 3 months in advance; must be made 48 hours ahead of time. The reservation must be claimed by the individual who reserved the space. Reservation times begin one (1) hour after the Library opens and end two (2) hours prior to closing. (See library hours on home page) Select available times (in green) below.
Meeting rooms are not to be used to relocate classes.
Recurring use of the space by any group will be evaluated by the library.
Additional Room Policies (Terms and Conditions)
Technology Assistance: If you need help with the equipment or software in the room, call Technology Services at 615-898-5666.
Technology must be requested. A laptop is available with reservation through the online reservation system.
Users requesting technology must check in at Library Technology Services on the first floor of the Library 15 minutes prior to the reservation and present MTSU ID to claim the reservation for the room.
Room Use Policies and Guidelines:
- Available to MTSU students, faculty, and staff with valid ID.
- Users of Meeting Place 2 are responsible for all Library equipment in the space and should report any damaged or missing equipment immediately to Technology Services (TS).
- Call 615-898-5666 for technology assistance during your meeting or see Technology Services if you experience technical problems.
- Noise levels must be appropriate to the Library’s environment.
- Meeting Place 2 is considered a group zone in the library and is therefore not expected to be quiet. Library staff will use their discretion regarding excessive and disruptive noise and physical activity.
- All furniture and equipment must be restored to original position when finished with the room.
- Users must abide by the MTSU Computer and Network Acceptable Use Policy and all Library policies.
- Walker Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- After you have received your reservation confirmation, arrive at Technology Services (TS) 15 minutes prior to your scheduled reservation time.
- Present your MTSU ID to Technology Services personnel to check out the room and desired equipment.
Meeting Place Equipment Fines and Costs Policy:
Lost or damaged equipment will be charged to the requestor at a cost equal to replacement.
Book this space by selecting from the green blocks below. You must select a block for each hour that you wish to reserve.